What you settle for stays with you. Why settle for average when you can be phenomenal? Why live in a chicken coop when you can fly like an eagle? You are the gatekeeper of your destiny. Shut the door to ordinary and open your life to extraordinary.
Eagle Excellence at CommWell Health
CommWell Health is proud of its efforts to offer employees opportunities for personal and professional growth and development through building new skill sets and knowledge through our Eagle Excellence Program.
The Eagle Excellence Program is designed by CommWell Health colleagues for CommWell Health colleagues.
The goals of the Eagle Excellence Program are:
• The personal and professional development of colleagues delivers transformation of the culture, based on the mission, vision, values and leadership management philosophy of the organization.
• Provides a corporate succession structure for colleagues in needed positions in leadership and management.
• Drives a work culture based on the adopted leadership cultural philosophy of CWH.
• Foster a workplace learning environment that encourages colleague growth and development.
• Purposefully create a transparent, questioning and continuous improving culture of excellence.
Components of Eagle Excellence
Eagle Excellence seeks to engage CommWell Health colleagues at every level in the organization. The initiative is designed to engage colleagues at all levels within the organization by participating in structured team-based collaborative work, committing to a quality ethic in all aspects of one’s work, utilizing performance data to monitor and improve patient satisfaction and service quality, developing and enhancing interpersonal and professional skills and fostering the truth that everyone has the ability, as a leader, to influence others in a productive and positive manner.
• Eagle Excellence Flight School – CommWell Health colleagues who desire to participate in the Eagle Excellence program as Soaring Eagles may enroll in Flight School. Flight School is a two-year curriculum on the foundations of leadership and includes topics such as: public speaking, team building, conducting and facilitating successful meetings, quality improvement, and Health Center operations. Flight School graduates may then become Soaring Eagles.
• Soaring Eagles – Newly graduated Flight School colleagues may now begin application of what they have learned through teaching workshops with Eagle Mentors across the organization on different topics related to Eagle Excellence. Soaring Eagles teach quarterly staff trainings on leadership topics such as identifying personal strengths and empathy. Soaring Eagles may also participate in Master Mind Groups. Master Mind Groups are offered during lunch time and also by conference call.
• Eagle Mentors are former Soaring Eagles who have been selected by existing and former Eagle Mentors, Visionary Eagles (Senior Leaders) and Golden Eagles (Leadership Management) to serve as a mentor. Eagle Mentors serve as a trainer and coach to the Soaring Eagles and employees in Eagle Flight School. Mentors may serve as members of the Eagle Excellence Council and assist in Quality Eagle Teams and Operation Eagle meetings and Fly Ins (Team Service Huddles).
• MasterMind Groups – Leadership professional and personal development is achieved at CWH through a leadership training program focusing on leadership best practices, principle and values through workshops and Master Minds Groups. Leadership consist of middle management referred to as Golden Eagles, senior leadership known as Visionary Eagles and Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health providers known as Eagle Wings. Education is tailored for each specific group. This development is ongoing as long as an employee is employed at CWH. Master Mind Groups are also offered on a voluntary basis to Eagle Mentors during lunch time and by conference call.