The Affordable Care Act: The Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace is a way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. You can apply for private insurance, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Financial help to pay your monthly premium is available for those who qualify
- 10 essential benefits are covered
- You cannot be denied for pre-existing conditions
You DO NOT have to purchase health insurance through the Marketplace if you have:
- Job-Based Coverage
- Full Medicaid
- VA Benefits
- Other Minimum Essential Coverage
What Benefits Are Covered
- Doctor’s Visits
- Wellness Checks and Preventative Care
- Prescription Drugs
- Emergency Services
- Maternity and Newborn Care
- Laboratory and X-Ray services
- Durable medical equipment and rehabilitation services
- Pediatric services including Dental Care and Vision for Kids
How Can I Apply For Coverage?
Getting covered is easier than ever! You can obtain medical coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace in three easy ways:
- THE EASIEST: Call one of our Counselors today at 910-567-7009 or 1-877-WELL ALL (1-877-935-5255)
- INTERNET: WWW.HEALTHCARE.GOV
- BY TELEPHONE: The Marketplace Call Center 1-800-3182596
Where Can I Get Help?
We can help you! CommWell Health has bilingual Certified Application Counselors who can assist you FREE of charge! Certified Application Counselors have been trained and certified by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
We are available to help you:
- Complete your application, select a plan, and choose a doctor
- Understand the process and plans so you can make the most informed decision for yourself and your family
- With referrals, to see if you qualify for charitable assistance, if you do not meet the requirements for Marketplace financial help
What Do I Need To Apply?
- Social Security numbers of all in family
- Names and birth dates of all in family
- Income of all in family (last 4 paycheck stubs, W-2, or income tax return)
- Names and phone numbers of employers
- Permanent Resident Card “Green Card” if someone in your household is a lawful permanent resident
- “Certificate of Naturalization” if someone in your household is a naturalized citizen
- Other documents depending on immigration status
What Is The Penalty For Not Having Health Insurance?
If you do not have coverage in 2016, you will pay the higher of these two amounts:
- 2.5% of your yearly household income
- $695 per person ($347.50 per child under 18)
- In future years, the fee is adjusted for inflation
- You will pay the fee on the federal income tax return you file for the year you don’t have coverage
Are There Exemptions From Having To Buy Insurance Or Paying The Penalty?
Yes, many exemptions are available based on income or hardships, among others. Please check with your enrollment counselor or visit www.healthcare.gov for a list of exemptions for which you may qualify.
Our Certified Application Counselors Can See You At Any Of Our Locations!