Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
At CommWell Health everything we do is centered around you! Beginning with the relationship and partnership we build with every patient to understand your preference, values, cultures, needs and expectations. We hope the following Frequently Asked Questions will assist you and help you to understand CommWell Health. If you need further assistance please contact 1-877-WELL ALL (1-877-935-5255).
Please Note: CommWell Health does not provide Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) or Opioid Treatment Programs (OTPs).
What type of health care do I receive at CommWell Health?
CommWell Health provides total or a holistic approach to meeting people’s needs of body, mind and spirit through prevention, wellness, acute and ongoing chronic care. If you need more advance care or testing we will coordinate your referral. CommWell Health helps you get the appointment and coordinates follow up as part of your total care plan. We make it easy! We offer:
- Day, evening and weekend hours.
- Walk-in appointments.
- Day and night call-in number for questions or concerns.
- Bilingual staff.
- Bilingual patient materials and forms.
- Clear health information to empower you to participate and stay in control of your health.
Is CommWell Health a free clinic?
No, we are not a free clinic. There is a charge for the health care services that we provide. However, because we are a non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center, we are able to offer reduced rates to people who qualify and no one will be turned away based solely on their ability to pay.
Does every CommWell Health practice location have the same services?
No, not all of our locations offer the same services. However, if your doctor and team of health care providers determine that you are I need of care that is not currently offered at your CommWell Health center, we will refer you to one of our other health centers or coordinate care with the appropriate partner provider in the community. We help make sure you get the care you need. Visit our locations tab for a listing of all CommWell Health locations and services offered.
Can anyone go to CommWell Health?
Yes, we are here to provide care to anyone and everyone in the community. Our CommWell Health staff, our board members and community members all use our health centers. Whether you have insurance or not, we will still provide services to you.
How much does care cost at CommWell Health?
We require your insurance co-payment at the time of visit. There are nominal fees required with the sliding-fee scale program regardless of the discount level. These payments are required at the time of registration for each visit. We accept cash, check, all major credit cards and debit cards. We know it is uncomfortable to talk about payment, but we do our best to work with you to make care affordable for you.
How do I make an appointment?
Making an appointment is easy! Simply call 1-877- WELL ALL (1-877-935-5255) and you will be connected to our centralized scheduling department that will assist you with your appointment.
If you are an existing patient you may use your Patient Portal to schedule your appointment. You may also go to your nearest CommWell Health center and schedule an appointment with a front desk representative. Visit our Appointments page for more information and what you need to bring with you.
Does the CommWell Health staff speak my language?
Yes, CommWell Health has bilingual staff and interpreters to assist you if needed. We also use the AT&T language Assistance line if our bilingual staff does not speak your language.
Are you open on the weekend?
Yes, CommWell Health of Newton Grove/Spivey’s Corner Medical is opened on Saturday’s (unless it’s a holiday) from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Please visit our locations tab for the specific hours of our CommWell Health locations. Dental is not opened on Saturday’s or after hours.
Can you help me get health insurance?
Yes, CommWell Health has Certified Application Counselors (CAC) trained and available to answer questions about the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) and the Health Care Marketplace. Please visit our Get Health Insurance (ACA) page for more information and to make an appointment with one of our CAC’s to discuss health coverage.
Do we have walk-in appointments?
- Bolivia: Monday-Thursday All Day – Closed for Lunch 12-1 pm and Friday Close at 2 pm.
- Shallotte: Monday-Thursday All Day – Closed for Lunch 12-1 pm and Friday Close at 2 pm.
- Harrells: Close on Monday, Tuesday-Friday All Day – Closed for Lunch 1-1:30 pm.
- McGee’s: Monday – Thursday All Day – Closed for Lunch 12 – 1 pm and Closed on Friday
- Newton Grove Medical: Monday – Thursday All day – Closed for Lunch 12 – 1 pm, Friday Close at 1 pm.
- Penderlea: Monday – Thursday All Day – Closed for Lunch 12 – 1:30 pm, Closed on Friday.
- Salemurg: Monday – Thursday All day – Closed for Lunch 12 – 1 pm, Friday Close at 1 pm.
- Smithfield: Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 1:30 pm – Closed for Lunch 12 – 1 pm, Friday Close at 1 pm.
- Tar Heel: Monday – Thursday All Day – Friday Close at 1 pm.
- Dublin: Monday and Thursday at 8 am
- Four Oaks: Monday and Thursday at 7:45 am.
- McGees: Monday and Thursday at 7:30 am.
- Newton Grove: Monday, Thursday, and Friday at 7:45 am.
- OIB: Monday at 745 and Thursdays at 8:45 am.
- Penderlea: Mondays and Thursday at 8-10 am must be there before 10 am especially if you are a new patient.
- Salemburg: Mondays and Thursday at 8 am.
Do we have Same Day Appointments?
Yes, we have same day appointments at our medical locations. Call 1-877-WELL ALL (1-877-935-5255) BY 7:30 AM.